Jan 10, 2014

Watercolor Thanks

Hey Sweets, it's Lindsay, and it's time again for a little Inspiration 101!



Since starting this series, we've looked at using Journaling cards and magazine ads.  This week, I thought I would use something most of use on a regular basis for card inspiration, Pinterest!  I have to admit, I am a Pinterest junkie!  I have two main boards I use for card inspiration, one of which is entitled such, and the other Color My World.  I know we can all agree, color is extremely important in setting the tone of your project.


So today, I chose this fabulous watercolor image from among them.  Taking the colors, as well as the white sentiment on top of it, I created this card.  I started with using distress ink, on watercolor paper.


Using the sentiment and the circle image from Cookie Sprinkles, I stamped and embossed in both white and gold powder over top of my watercolor splotches.  


I let my panel dry well overnight and placed it under a stack of magazine to flatten it out.  To make sure that it adhered nice and flat, I used super strong adhesive to adhere it to my Kraft card base.

I hope you were inspired today, and will take an image you have pinned, and just go for it!  We would love to see.


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. BAM is right...love it Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I don't know why I don't do more watercolor pieces (I have the paper,...duh!)

    ReplyDelete