Sep 14, 2013

Designer Spotlight #1

Hello, sweet friends!  It's Judy here, with my first Design Team assignment of the month! 

Today begins the first edition of what we will call "Designer Spotlight" for the Sweet Stamp Shop. Twice each month I will spotlight a favorite designer in our crafty industry, share some of his/her work, and create a Sweet Stamp Shop card or two using his/her designs as inspiration. Here we go!

Today's Designer Spotlight is aimed straight at...Heather Campbell of Parker & Molly fame!  Many of you may recognize Heather from her amazing card designs and fun blog. But that's not all!  She has had many, many cards published in both Paper Crafts Magazine and Cards magazine. Oh, and did I mention that she was both Stamping Royalty and in the Top 10 of Gallery Idol at Paper Crafts Magazine in 2012?   This, of course, is all done on the side...by day she is a full-time manufacturing engineer for one of the world's top aerospace manufacturing companies!  This young lady has LOTS of skill and works magic with stamps, let me tell ya!   Be sure to visit her blog HERE for lots of inspiration.

Today I am spotlighting two cards by Heather.  I adore the geometric patterns, the symmetry, and the clean design of this first card!

When I saw this, I was inspired to break out the Sweet Stamp Shop Fall Gratitude set as well as the heart stamp from the Kiss Me set and the arrow image in the new Made By #2 to make my my card:

Image 1
Image 1
Here is my card inspired by Heather's work:


This second card by Heather made me smile...simple, clean, fun!


I was inspired to make this card using the Kiss Me set (above):



For an additional card inspired by Heather's amazing cards, be sure to check out my blog HERE

Big sweet THANKS to Heather Campbell for allowing me to spotlight her this week! Be sure to visit her and give her some love...I'll bet you will be inspired by her work, too!  Thanks, Heather!

For lots more inspiration and information, be sure to check out the Sweet Stamp Shop blog.  Don't forget to check out the newly released stamps, too (they are seriously fun)!   And, of course, join in the Use What You Have Challenge #16, it is always a good time!

Did you know we also have a Facebook page and an awesome Flickr group you can join?  So many great cards to check out!  Be sure to upload your cards to the group...share and inspire us! The Sweet Stamp Shop also has a Pinterest page with a board for each stamp set (seen HERE). The ideas are endless out there...be sure to check it out and be inspired!

Have a sweet day,
Judy

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful post!!!! Heather is such a sweet person!! I love your inspired cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool!!!! Your cards are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and I love your interpretation of the cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful inspired cards, Judy!! Love your take on them! And congrats again on making the SSS DT! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your take on Heather's cards are really great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome feature!! I love the cards you came up with, using Heather's as inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather's cards are fun and beautiful....great for inspiration!! But Judy, I LOVE your take on them!!! Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete