Aug 17, 2013

Get Published- Volume Five

Hey Y'all!!!

Happy Saturday and hope all is well. Tenia here from Jazzy Paper Designs giving y'all the 411 on how to get published!! This post is a little special today because I want to tell y'all why I submit and hope to get y'all encouraged to do the same.

Why I submit to Publication Calls.....(In no particular order)

1. It is FUN!!! No stress here....just all in FUN!! Notice how I stress the word FUN. It is suppose to be FUN and if it is not fun....no bueno....true story.

2. I love to submit to ALL types of magazines. In some magazines if they don't use my creations they sent it to charities so I feel good.....no matter what! :)

3. I love being challenged. Some of the magazine calls these days are cray cray challenging but I believe that makes you a better artist. You start thinking "Outside the Box" and stuff.... and that's a great thing!

4. I LURVE to submit using the newest and greatest product (Sweet Stamp Shop....of course)!! These days magazines stress that you use the newest and greatest products and Sweet Stamp Shop has the COOLEST and most UNIQUE stamps around for that!! You know if you want to submit using Sweet Stamp Shop stamps here are a few that I think that would totally shine in magazines:
There is NOTHING like this stamp set on the market. Magazines LURVE new, fun(punny sentiments!!) and innovative stamps and this one for sure would totally ROCK in magazines!!

Shapes of all kinds are the rage right now and this set would look AWESOME in ANY of the leading crafty magazines!!!


5. Meeting new crafty friends(IRL too) and getting to see their AWESOME work in magazines!! That is just RAD!! That is all......nuff said!!

6. There is nothing like seeing your work in a magazine!! I still feel like it is the "first time" being published and I just have a sense of pride and it just makes me feel happy and proud.

7. There is NOTHING to lose!! If I submit to a certain call and it doesn't "fit" for the magazine at that time....no worries!!! I use my creations for another magazine calls or I will have cards for my "stash" to give to family or friends!!

8. I am the type of person that LURVES to take risks!! I AM the Nike slogan (Just Do It!)......I have been told.....hee hee!! Y'all just gotta submit.....Just DO It!! I sooooooo stressed DO because you need to just "DO"!!

Speaking of "Sweet" Getting Published.........check this OUT (Yayness for Jennifer....Woot Woot!!)!!

If y'all have some Sweet Stamp Shop cards or projects that y'all created with there are some magazine out there that will publish your "already blogged projects".....so submit them.....you have NOTHING to lose!!! Speaking of submitting to publications........



Yep, we've got a publication incentive just for you!



It's super simple - If our stamps are used in a craft project that is published (in a physical magazine - sorry, no online magazine incentives at this time), and the name of the stamp as well as 'Sweet Stamp Shop' is mentioned - you'll get... 


$25 in Sweet bucks (can be used on anything in the sweet shop) 
Guest Designer Spot (includes free product) 


If you get the front cover of a magazine - and our images are center stage on your card - you'll get ... 

$50 cold hard cash!
$25 in Sweet Bucks (can be used on anything in the sweet shop) 
Guest Designer Spot (includes free product) 
Just a few reminders........

Do check out this AWESOMESAUCE Release!!! Tons of AWESOME stamps and AWESOME creations!!


.....all you have to do is create using your "stash".....pretty much it.....easy peasy lemon squeezy!!!


I hope that y'all enjoyed this post!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a great rest of your day!!

-t




Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I just LURVE your enthusiasm! Thanks for the tips and thoughts, Miss Tenia!

    ReplyDelete