Aug 19, 2013

CAS in less than 5!



Hello again! I'm back this week with another CAS card. For my inspiration, I found this awesome picture on Pinterest and fell in love with it!


It's so fun and fresh. What better stamp set to do this with than Triangle Style!?


The colors I chose to use were Pink Pirouette from Stampin' Up, Sahara Sand from Stampin' Up, Versafine Black Ink, Hero Arts Pale Tomato and Hero Arts Soft Cantelope. To start off with, I took a piece of white cardstock and scored it to your normal A2 sized card. I took three of the same size triangles from the set and just started stamping. I had no grid lines or guides. Of course if you'd like to be more precise than me, do it! 


I followed the triangle pattern switching out colors and designs all the way down. I learned the hard way that I wasn't cleaning the black ink off of my stamps well enough so I decided to stamp everything in black afterwards. Then I realized I had another mess up! It's hard to see but there was a vertical line of Pale Tomato going down my card! :( 


To fix it, I just cut the image out. On the bard base, I stamped the sentiment and placed the triangles up on foam dots. No more mess up! :)


To finish off the card, I corner chomped the side of the card! Another easy peasy card! 

So is CAS your style? If not, are you warming up to the idea yet!? Tell me in the comments below! Or just tell us on Facebook!!

Hopefully you didn't miss the big release for August. If you did, check all the info out HERE. Also, go take a look at our Use What You Have Challenge and join in on the fun! A sweet prize is up for grabs!


Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you enjoyed! :)





Pin It

1 comment: