Oct 8, 2013

Triple Sweet - Nicole, Jessica, Michelle

HEY Sweet friends! Nicole here ... this is going to be a LONG post - I had a bit of a 'oops' moment and scheduled two ladies for the same day today... so, Jessica AND Michelle will be on today showing off their SWEETNESS! Hooray!


But, first - did you know that I help my good friend Corinna (owner of Ribbon Carousel - pictured above) with creating a card for her blog once a month - I suppose I might even say, I'm one of her 'designers' --- BLUSH! What a genuinely NICE person.... and I can't encourage you enough to support her and Ribbon Carousel... she's just so amazing.... today I'm on the Ribbon Carousel blog with a special 'sneak peek' of our October release... so head on over there and check it out!








__________________________



 Happy Tuesday, Sweet fans! It's Jessi here from Kissin' Krafts!  Are you ready fro another Tutorial Tuesday? Today we are talking Ombre stamping. I am in love with the Ombre technique.

Today's card uses Sweet Stamp Shop's Chalkboard Sign stamp set:


The Ombre technique is very simple to complete. The best way to apply the different color inks to the stamp is to go from light to dark. The first color I applied to the stamp was the light blue. The light green-blue ink is added above the light blue. The dark green and darker blue are added towards the end.


I wanted the Chalkboard Sign stamp to be the focus of the card, so I kept the design simple and stamped the image twice. The banners are cut out and adhered with foam dots to add dimension to the card.


Alright, Sweet Stamp Shop friends! I need your help! What are the latest trends that you would like to see us explore in upcoming tutorials? I cannot wait to hear your ideas!

 _________________________________


Hi Sweet fans! It’s Michelle Y. here today with one of my favorite parts of the month – Double Take!!! Today we are going to be focusing on a very basic and versatile shape – circles! I love being able to turn a simple shape into something awesome – it makes you think a little more creatively to find ways to use it!

I decided I wanted to make a confetti-like effect for my projects. And of course, since this is a Double Take, I wanted something that would work for both a layout and a card.



One of the best ways to get double duty out of your supplies and projects is to use BOTH the positive and negative shapes of die cuts/punches. I designed a fun background with circles, which you can download at my blog here, and cut it out of some watercolor paper that I had painted on very subtly. I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to use on top of that beautiful rainbow paper from Crate Paper, because it hides some of the busyness of all that color! I love this effect, because I looove color, but sometimes think it is too overwhelming for my pictures; this way, I get to see some of that lovely design, while still focusing on what’s important on the page.

After that was done, I went to work adding lots of layers under my photo and then going crazy with my Sweet stamps. I used sentiments from Triangle Style as well as Made By #2. My layout was about how I love to create things, and about the first skirt I sewed, so I couldn’t have thought of more perfect sentiments to go along with my story!!! Here are some close up shots of the page and the stamping and the final page

Oh, and those cardboard/chipboard stars - same, easy DIY concept as my last Double Take!


So after my layout was finished, I had a bunch of those circles left that had been die cut.



I thought they would be perfect just scattered on a background with a bold background. They kind of looked like bubbles, which I thought was really fun! To add more interest, since the watercoloring is very faint, I added some dashed lines and mounted some of the circles up on foam tape, making sure that the circle with the sentiment popped up the most.


That was all I needed to make a fun, yet easy card with leftovers! Don’t you LOVE when that happens?? It’s like getting a bonus project from almost nothing!!



Here are the Sweet Stamps I used in these projects:




How will you use circles in your next project? Maybe you could make a garland of circles, or make a fun bokeh effect by stamping the super cute small sequins and circles in the Easily Distracted set… or try some fun confetti… the possibilities are endless! Be sure to link up a project using circles if you decide to make one – I’d love to see what you come up with! And if you enter it into this week's Use What You Have Challenge, you can even win something sweet!!


Also... our October release is coming soon!! Make sure you join our event on Facebook so you can add it to your calendar!! It's going to be a great release, and I can't wait to show you what I've done with the AMAZING new stamp sets!!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. These are FABULOUS projects ladies! Now I am off to see the sneak of at RCC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards and layouts, ladies! This post was packed with goodness!!!

    ReplyDelete