Oct 8, 2012

Double Sweetness with Sweet Tooth and Gnomies by Kari

Hi Everyone!! Kari  with you today!  Happy Monday to you ( Columbus Day here in the States).  Hope everyone had a nice weekend and was able to celebrate World Cardmaking Day on Sat.  Today, I come to you to share two projects I made with two of SSS cute sets - Sweet Tooth and Gnomies.  First up - Sweet Tooth!



I first took a piece of 110 lb white card stock and stamped out the border of circles in VersaMark Ink, and heat-embossed with Early Espresso embossing powder from SU!.  I, then wanted to added some fun bright colors to the background - so I took Picked Raspberry and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink and blended those colors onto my card panel.  I, then stamped out the cute candy dispenser and stamped that onto vellum cardstock, and then heat-embossed that with silver embossing powder.   Silver embossing powder has become one of my favorites to heat emboss.  I, then did some fussy cutting that image out and, then added some fun baker's twine and adhered that to some fun pattern paper that really added to the colors of my card panel.  For my sentiment - I altered it a bit from the sentiments in the set - I took "Sweet" from "Sweet Tooth" and "Friend" and my and custom sentiment to combine the two - I also heat-embossed that sentiment with the same Early Espresso embossing powder.    I added some clear gems and colored them with one of my yellow Copic markers!!  Here is another closer look  - 






Next up - Gnomies!  :)  I wanted to do something a little different with this card ( and for me). I made a Twisted Easel Card.  So fun and different!




This is a standard 4.25 square card.  On the card base - I just took left bottom corner of the card, and folded it up to the right top corner, and made creased my fold. Then - I just cut out another 4.25 square panel and adhered it to the left top corner.  For the inside of the card - I added some pattern paper to the bottom base, and then punched out a regular oval and a scallop oval to create the "stopper".  I stamped one of the cute sentiments from the set "Gnome-body like you!".  I then worked on the outside of the card.  I adhered some cloud pattern paper at the top of the card, and then added some scallop trim that I had left over from a previous project.  I stamped out the cute girl gnome and did some Copic color on her hat, pants, and shoes and paper - pieced her top with the same pattern paper that was on the inside of the card base.    I, then stamped out three of mushrooms on the card itself, and then onto some text pattern paper ( probably can't really see the text - its so small). Before I adhered my mushrooms, I stamped out in a pattern the grass image from the set.  To finish the card off - I added three gemstones to the sentiment for an extra "something" to the card.  
Here is a closer look - 





I hope you enjoyed looking at these cards as much as I enjoyed making them!!  Hope your Monday is a happy one!!  Come back tomorrow for more awesome Sweetness!!













Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Both cards are so fun! I love the colors and the background on the first card and the funky style of the second!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both your cards, that twisted easel sounds like an interesting idea to try out.

    ReplyDelete