Jan 20, 2014

Purple, Pandas, & Pears...Oh My!



It's another SWEET Monday and I have a bit of fun for you today.  For this week's Sketches 2 Ways, I debated using the current sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch or giving you another peek at an upcoming sketch.  Duh!  I decided you guys are way too special to not get especially sweet treatment so, the sketch I'm using will be up on the CTS blog this Thursday which gives you an extra 3 days to play with it.  Woo hoo!

I had WAY too much fun with the combo of Sweet stamps and the awesome sketch this week.  Yup, I actually ended up with 4 cards from one sketch and had to ask my fellow designers to help me pick the two that I would feature here.  Don't worry, you'll get to see the other 2 also...just check out my blog today and on Thursday.  First up, the sketch!
Can you see why I had so much fun?  Well it all started with Alyssa's Yummy Love stamp set.  How am I supposed to resist smiling fruits and veggies?  Impossible.  
I had some cards lying around from a certain pocket scrapbooking company that I knew would be perfect with these stamps.  So, I did a little misting on my green card base to give the card some sparkle (shine mist).  While that was drying, I stamped and colored these adorable pears.  I decided yellow was the way to go because that is the color of the pretty pears on our trees out front (when they aren't covered in snow...ugh) and I liked how it picked up the yellow on the delicious card.  I die cut a heart to cover a mess up that I had where I tried to add a little shadow to the pear.  It just didn't look that great.  Thanks goodness for dies to cover up an oops.  I thought I was finished when I stamped the sentiment but I was feeling the need to fill the white void under the pears.  A little green washi was all it took.  What do you think?  I think the washi really helps tie the card to the sketch.
 My second card is inspired by my littlest dude.  His 4th birthday is coming up and he's a purple-a-holic.  So, I broke out our new number set, Numbers - Symbols, and everyone's favorite panda, Panda Face
 I did a little masking, embossing, and inking on this card.  WHOA!  First, I masked off a rectangle to make a little focal background for my card.  Next up, I embossed my 4's all over my background shape with white embossing powder.  Using some neon purple (yup, NEON purple) ink and a make-up sponge, I blended in a cool background that I knew my little dude would just adore.  I love how the embossed 4's really stand out.  I applied a little strip of glitter paper to represent the line from the sketch.  Finally, I stamped my sentiment on a little square of paper that I knew would make a perfect sign for my panda to hold with the hands that I cut after stamping 2 cute panda images on another white paper (one for the panda and one for just his hands).  A few foam squares for dimension and there you have it.  So, do you think my purple lover will like his birthday card?
He might just give me a face like this:
I just love that little goofball.  I hope you enjoyed my cards today and I'd love for you to come visit me at my blog for another awesome card made with more Sweet Stamp Shop goodies (you might find another surprise there also).  How awesome is that?  We'd love it if you come visit us on Facebook and LIKE us!  You won't want to miss out on the deals and peeks shared there...I guarantee it!  Just tell them Chrissy sent you.  ;)  Thanks and have a wonderful week!

-Chrissy Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Chrissy, what a fun post! Love the sneak preview of the sketch (thanks!!), and your cards are both quite adorable. Loving the purple panda card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cards! Love the misting and colors on the first one, and that panda holding the greeting is so cute!. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooooo adorable!! your little guy is going to LOVE his card (and that face in the photo - sooooo cute!!! ha ha!!) you really gave that card the all star treatment with all of the amaazing techniques you used! :) and your pear card is just adorable!! i LOVE those images and the use of the pocket card (cough cough) is just genius!!

    ReplyDelete