Oct 1, 2013

Just Add Ink: Party Buttons

Hi It's Tyra and I'm here to share a quick and easy technique for creating a cute party button.  I created a bachelorette party button that adds a touch of sparkle and fun!



Let's jump right in and I will show you how to assemble these fun buttons using the following supplies:


Supply List:
  1. Embossing ink
  2. White embossing powder
  3. Your favorite Sweet Stamp
  4. Chipboard base.  I used glittery chipboard from my local craft store.
  5. Extra embellishments
  6. Adhesive-backed bar pins
The Easily Distracted set is perfect for making party buttons to celebrate birthdays, bridal showers, baby showers and bachelorette parties. 



Use embossing ink to stamp an impression onto the chipboard shape.  Make sure your heat gun is nice and hot and quickly set the white embossing powder (I used StazOn ink on the lighter glittery chipboard).  I was surprised to discover that the glittery shapes I used accept embossing ink and powder very well.

Adhere complementary embellishments. Finally, adhere the bar pin to the back of the chipboard for an instant party button!  Alternatively, if you really do not want to use bar pins, punch a hole in the chipboard and add ribbon for a fun party necklace! Let's take another look at my bachelorette party set:




I'm happy with the way these little party buttons turned out, I just don't have a party to attend!  Post your crafty takes using this technique to our Flickr Group. Or go one step further and post those party buttons in action! Stop by the Facebook Page and share your crafty creations.  

Don't Forget, the latest Use What You Have Challenge closes tonight at 10 pm Pacific Time.  There is still time to enter! 




Thanks for stopping by!












Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Tyra!!!! I love the glitter! These would be perfect for any party!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete