Sep 24, 2013

Sweet Tutorial Tuesdays


Welcome to another SWEET Tutorial Tuesday! I know that we stampers know how to use our stamps the traditional way. But have you ever thought about using the back sides of the stamps? Don't know what I am talking about? Continue to read more! I have fallen in love with this technique!

It is SUPER simple! First, ink up the back of the stamp and stamp onto the paper.


Next, turn the stamp back to original side and ink, stamp, done...


If you are not great at coloring (like myself), this gives an easy way to color an image to match paper, etc. This technique leaves a smudgy ink look...not sure the correct way to describe it, so I hope you talk my language ;)

So I made a few of this tickets to complete my card. As you can see below, I stamped a design on the side tickets, using the stamp color ink. I love how it stands out!


I would love to hear some ideas of tutorials that you would like to see in the future! I love to learn new and fun ways to use Sweet Stamp Shop's stamp! Please leave a comment with your AWESOME ideas!

The fun Admit One and Chalkboard Sign stamp sets was used in today's card:

                                             
Admit One 

Chalkboard Sign


Have a wonderful day!

Jessi

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I have really never thought about that!! Awesome idea, and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! never thought about doing this...what a way to create the perfect outline for your stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessi, what a great way to use our stamps! It's like a shadow stamp...very clever, it will always be the right size! Fun card, love the tickets!

    ReplyDelete