Jul 2, 2013

Operation Organize: Sweet Ink Sampler with Jennifer Stricker

Happy Tuesday! Are we ready for the wonderful 4th Holiday?

What are you going to do? Picnic? Maybe get some crafting in?

I think I am going to get inky! And after I show you this neat way of organizing those sponge daubers you might want to too!

I got new sponge daubers for my Distress Inks. I replaced my blending tools. (I like the sponge daubers instead of the handled blending tools, I have more control of the colors)

I was starting to organize them by labeling them with my beloved ptouch. But, I realized (actually knew) that I am more of a visual person and the labeling was not going to work for me.

WASTED labeling tape (oh well).




I needed to label by showing the color, not just naming the color.

Here's how I did it:


I used the sponge dauber to put a little spot on a strip of sticker paper.  Then I used a  1/2 circle punch to punch out a circle that I then placed on top of the case over the corresponding sponge dauber. 



I LOVE IT!

I did still use my ptouch to put labels of the color around the actual sponge dauber, so I know what color I am using.

Now I can see the color I want. You can purchase the box here.

WoooHooo! I hope I inspired you to organize! Remember to organize in the way that works best for you!

_____________________________

Nicole here - I just love this dauber idea ... and it would work great for this card (and this general technique) that I LOVE to do ... 

You might recall how I used the daubers to create this rainbow look with neon inks. I even made a quick video -


It would be so helpful to have a dauber for each color - I go through daubers fairly fast because they're not assigned to just one color. I know they would last FOREVER if I only used them for one color.

I used the 'Distressed Chevron' for that card - LOVE that background stamp!



Thanks to Jennifer for showing us her organizing tips!

 Happy Stamping and Happy Organizing!
Hugs,
N.


post signature Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Such a great idea Jennifer!! And I am in LOVE with your neon card Nicole! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it! it's such a beautiful organization method!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is oh so fabulous.. great organization...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this idea to organize things. I found your blog when I was going through some challenge blogs. You have great stamps and I'm thinking of how well they are in creating CAS card projects.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete