Jun 24, 2013

Sweet CAS in 5 or less :)


Hi there, sweets! Kristen here :) I'm here today to show you how to make a clean and simple card in just a few short steps. Here's the card I'll be showing you today.



I look for inspiration in many different places. This color palette came from The Play Date Cafe blog. Isn't it just gorgeous!? Reminds me of being back home in the South :) Let's get started!




 It took me some time to come up with a layout for the card. I love banners so I decided, why not!? I knew I wanted a large sentiment or picture so I decided to use Eye Love.


I've never seen a set like this and I am in love with it. It may be my new fav!!


I cut and scored my card base from black cardstock and then hand cut a banner from white cardstock. If you have a simple heart border like this, it makes for a great scalloped edge. I personally do not have a scalloped border so this is a good supplement. 


After adhering the border and stamping the sentiment, I realized I didn't get a good impression. No worries though! I brought in my Copic multiliner and fixed that little problem by darkening the letters. :)


To help make the heart stand out, I hand cut a heart from a piece of coordinating cardstock, popped it up on a foam dot and covered it with glossy accents. 


For embellishments, I wanted to add some enamel dots but had no peach on hand. Not to worry, you can always make your own color using a Copic marker of your choice just by coloring over top. 

This set is amazing and so versatile. Make sure you stop by Sweet Stamp Shop to pick up a set if it's not in your stash. Y'all will love it! Also, leave some sweet lovins on Facebook if you haven't already.

Stay sweet and see y'all next time :)

Kristen





post signature Pin It

2 comments: