Apr 30, 2013

Neon Colored Pencils?! WOW



REMINDER - We're out of the office starting April 26th and we'll be shipping orders again starting on May 6th. So, if you place an order between now and May 5th --- know that it will ship on May 6th. As a way to make up for our little delay - enjoy 20% off the WHOLE shop! (yep, even the new paper stuff). Enjoy!
_______________________

So, you might know my love of colored pencils - especially after I learned how to use odorless mineral spirits with it (several years ago).... but, in the last couple years I've become rather obsessed with my Copic markers. I've left my colored pencils sorely neglected. :(

Until....

I was walking around my favorite art supply store - Blicks - and I spotted some neon colored pencils - GASP - those look awesome! For $3 I was willing to take the risk!


 Ohhh - they are so much prettier in person! But, you can see them online HERE.


Anyway, I ran home (literally, I walk to Blick from my new digs - so I'm sure there was a hop in my step on the return trip) I busted out the new pencils and started coloring. Yep, they were neon - some of the shades are more 'bright' than others... but, I think they work really well together.

I created a background 'neon rainbow' with the colored pencils and blended them a bit with mineral spirits -


You know what else is so cool about this card?! (other than the sequence of course!) I used my neon ink (the hero arts inks) and stamped them on vellum - then I just put some clear embossing powder over it. It looked so pretty! I ended up LOVING this cityscape!!

I also used my favorite - Freckled Fawn wood pieces (the stars) and I just colored them with my neon Copics. Bam - Neon Cityscape - DONE!


Happy Stamping PEPS!
Hugs,
N.

post signature
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous coloring on the cityscape. I'm liking the look of pencils and watercolors on this stamp a whole lot! --Gail

    ReplyDelete