Mar 16, 2013

Sweet Spotlight - Van Nguyen

Ahhh, it's here - the weekend. Isn't grand?!? (well actually, it's 'busy season' for my tax accountant hubby - so we really don't have 'weekends' this time of year..lol)  But, I'm imagining that you're sitting in your comfy chair with your computer or ipad - or smart phone - and you've got your coffee ... and you're just relaxing checking in on us Sweet Gals!

Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY Saturday!

We've got an extra extra special guest with us this month - Van Nguyen! She's got the scrapbook - project layout - pretty much anything paper - craftiness down to a science and she's here to show off her stuff!

First let's meet Van, shall we?

(isn't she gorgeous?!) 

Ok, here is a little bit about Van - in her own words...

I am a dedicated memory keeper who loves all things cute and bright. I have two adorable kids, am married to my high school sweetheart, and am a recovering attorney turned stay at home mom. I am a proud Navy wife and am currently living in Honolulu, Hawaii. I studied history in college and graduate school. In retrospect, scrapbooking is the perfect collision of my obsession with pretty paper and passion for documenting family history.  You can find me at my blog: HERE


I wanna show off (again) her amazing layouts - cause I don't think I could get enough of these!!



From Van: I loved using this set as a background and as a journal card.  I also used the "special" stamp as a stencil to hand stitch the subtitle.




 From Van: I loved using this set to show a period of time, specifically when my son was born and then when he was released from the NICU.



Let's check out some of the amazing cards she's made too! 



 From Van: This card is for a July birthday and the pennant marks the recipient's actual birthday.




 From Van: I used the journal card stamp as a grid background stamp.  I created a negative mask by using a EK Success Punch, Computer Paper, and my Xyron with repositional adhesive.  I then stamped the grid portion to create a butterfly image.  To further define the image, I applied some distress ink over the butterfly cutout. 



Each little detail is so well thought out - and her colors are **swoon** worthy! It's no surprise that Van is such a HOT designer right now - and I know that if you're anything like me - you're completely inspired to go and make something pretty every time you visit her blog!! 

Take a moment and say hi to Van HERE - we're so glad she guest designed with us. Whatta SWEET treat! 

Van used - 
 


We're doing a bit of a give-a-way on the blog from yesterday - be sure to enter to win! 

***from yesterday's post***

Comment below with your favorite song from the 80's and then 'pass it forward' by tagging a friend that you think would LOVE this prize pack (on facebook) and you'll both be entered to win.... THIS


 (Old School Rock - Neon Pipe Cleaners - and Sequins!)


Ok, head over to facebook here to tag your friend - cause it would be totally awesome if you won, right?!

(give-a-way small print: winners from US only, if you enter and you're from outside the US you'll be asked to chip in for shipping... give-a-way runs through the weekend and winner will be announced on Monday) 


Have a great Saturday and we'll see you back here Monday morning! (Happy St. Patrick's day!!)

Hugs,
N. 

 
post signature
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Awesome creations by Van! In love with the color choices of the card!
    ~Hugs~
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Van, and love your beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had so much fun being here this month!!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete