Dec 19, 2013

Using Tags In Cardmaking



Hi, it's Tyra and I'm back with a easy technique for creating multiple cards using tags.  I love using tags on CAS (Clean and Simple) cards as the smaller work area of a tag lends it itself to simple card making.  Most of the time one image + one sentiment is all that's needed.  Let's jump right in!

I used the Baking Love, Monogram It and Elegant Flowers:




  I added some interesting elements to both tags, including embellishments, a vellum layer and 3D adhesive squares to add dimension -- a lot going on, but concentrated in one area. Simply pop the tag onto a neutral card base to keep it CAS :)



Here is a fun take on a card I created for the December release:


I mentioned that I would make a fun little card for my preschool aged twins' upcoming birthday.  Once they see this card,  I'm sure they will be tickled silly at the sight of smiling cookies:) They will see these cookies and say "Mommy! Cookies have eyes and a mouth??"

So, use tags to experiment with different techniques on a smaller scale.  Use an electronic die cutter to cut multiple tags and make mass card production easy.  

That's all for now! Thanks so much for stopping by the blog! Tyra 





Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Tyra, two fun CAS cards! I love how the tags add so much interest, yet there is still so much open space. Both awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete