Dec 2, 2013

Picture Perfect: The Basics



Hello, Sweet Things!  It's Melissa here introducing you to a brand new photography series here on the Sweet Blog!  Over the next three months, we're going to take a look at some things that will help you with your blog photos!  If you're anything like me, you're always looking for ways to improve the quality of your blog photos and wishing you could take photos like the ones that lure you back to others' blogs time and time again!  Photos are so important to a blog, especially when you're trying to showcase your creative work!

Today, I'm going to share with you a list of some very basic equipment I feel is vital to creating those fabulous photos we're all aiming for!

1.  A camera  (I couldn't resist...)

2.  Good lighting in one of the following forms:
  • A window that allows lots of natural light to come inside
  • An outdoor location with good natural light
  • A light box with lights (including daylight bulbs) for indoor photography when good natural light is not available
3.  A tripod

4.  Basic Backgrounds or photo props

5.  Photo editing software  (either from a free online source or software you install on your own computer)

We'll discuss these things in more detail in the weeks ahead!  I can't wait to share some of the things I've learned over the last few years!  You'll be surprised at just how simple it really is to achieve great photos.  I promise!

Until then, I'm sharing a clean and simple card today that I created using the oh-so-fun Weird Love set!

 Image 1


I'll be back two weeks from today (December 16) to share some tips on lighting!  In the meantime, be sure and stay tuned here on the Sweet Blog for other exciting happenings!

Hugs!
Melissa

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. very cute and look forward to the tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool card! I'm totally excited for this series!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only recently started learning how to take indoor photos of my projects - can't wait to see the tips you have to share!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post, Melissa! Your photos are always so bright and crisp, I can certainly learn from your upcoming srries! Can't wait! I also LOVE your CAS card today...so adorable! (Love the lips!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photography tips and fantastic card! I love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa, I'm excited for this series!! Cute card ;)

    ReplyDelete