Sep 23, 2013

Designer Spotlight #2


Hello, sweet friends!  It's Judy and I'm back again with my second segment of "Designer Spotlight" at the Sweet Stamp Shop


My PhotoThis time I have the honor of spotlighting the super talented queen of clean and simple: Maureen Merritt!  Maureen's blog, Mama Mo's Stamps, is one of my favorite stops in blog land...it reads like a favorite magazine and is always full of inspiration!  Not only has she been a winner in pretty much EVERY card challenge known to stampers, but she has also been published multiple times in both CARDS and Paper Crafts Magazine.  This past August, Maureen was featured as a Moxie Fabber of the Week because, indeed, she is moxie fab!  You can check out those details HERE
Maureen graciously agreed to share her talents with us here at the Sweet Stamp Shop.  Her card demonstrates exactly why she deserves to be in the spotlight...check it out!


Wow, this IS amazing, indeed!
Here are the stamp sets Maureen used:
Image 1

Image 1

Maureen was also gracious enough to answer a few questions for me and the readers here at the Sweet Stamp Shop.  Here is what inquiring minds wanted to know:
Q:  On average, how many cards do you make in a week?
A:  I'd say that I make about 5-7 cards per week. I'd love to make more and get inky every day, but sometimes life just gets in the way! Apparently my family prefers to wear clean clothes and eat dinner rather than have me stamp daily :)   If I get in a card a day, I'm happy.
Q:  How do you approach the card-making process...do you wing it or do you like to follow sketches, color cues, challenges, etc.?
A:  Each stamp session is different. There are times that I head to my desk with a specific challenge in mind, other times I wing it. I mostly have an idea about a stamp set I'd like to use or a color combo, but it doesn't always work out.  My beginning point is always so much different than my end result!
Q: Do you have any bits of advice for beginner stampers?
A:  You don't need to have it all. There are so many products out there that it gets overwhelming. I know, I've been there. You really only need the basics...paper, ink, stamps and a paper trimmer. I find that my favorite cards are the ones that just use just stamps and ink. Play with different techniques to make the most of the supplies you have!
And THAT, my friends, is the best advice...ever!  Her card above is proof of that...a one-layer masterpiece using nothing but stamps and ink!
Thank you, Maureen, for sharing your time and talents with us...you are so sweet!

Hop on over to my blog HERE to see the card I made inspired by one of Maureen's cards.  Here's a little sneak peek!

Remember...the September release stamps are still available at the Sweet Stamp SHOP.  Be sure to follow us at our Facebook page, too! 

Have a sweet day!
Judy
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Judy, Great interview! Love the card she made and can't wait to see yours !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen is such a talented lady!!! Love her cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great interview you shared with Maureen, Judy! More inspiration - from her and YOU!! May have to bring out my hexagons once again!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big fan of Maureen's...LOVE her style and her card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Maureen and love your creativeness! Great interview Judy, and now off to see your card!

    ReplyDelete