Feb 23, 2013

Guest Designer Spotlight - Heather Hoffman

 Good morning Sweeties!

It's Saturday - so hopefully your still in your pj's with a large cup of coffee enjoying a relaxing morning away from work. (or if your a tax accountant, like my hubby, your already at your desk calculating returns - :( - not a fun time of year, although I get lots of weekend crafting done!!)

We're here today with Heather Hoffman as our guest design spotlight - and she's really done an amazing job!

First let's meet Heather -


My name is Heather, and I blog over at Houses Built of Cards. Here is a little about me: I have been married for 12 years to the man of my dreams, and have two sweet daughters age 8 and 9 that I homeschool. I absolutely LOVE making cards – and also enjoy scrapbooking memories of my family. I lived my entire life up until about 6 months ago in Northwestern Washington State, and now live in a very small town in Wyoming. While we are still adjusting -especially to the cold – it has been nothing short of an adventure for us all, with the normal ups and downs of missing our family and friends back home. If you aren’t familiar with my blog name, then let me explain a little! When I started card making, I quickly found that I was making WAY more cards than I could possibly use. Thanks in part to my daughters and something they both cared deeply for, I decided to direct all the proceeds from the sales of my cards to the building of houses for widows and their children in Burundi, Africa, through a ministry called Sister Connection. Building one house is amazing just $600!!! So far I have completed 2 houses, and am nearly finished with a 3rd one! I’m super excited for the chance this month to guest design for Sweet Stamp Shop – Nicole is the sweetest person to work with! And love all the adorable “sweet” stamps she creates as well! Thanks for letting me share Nicole!

 ____________

Now you can see why we LOVE Heather so much - she just has such a big heart and a creative spirit - if you want to support Heather and her amazing cause please head over to her blog and snatch up some cards! HERE 


Ready to see her cards?? So inspirational!!


I love how she put little eyes in the glasses - it's just so cute! She used one of my favorite go-to sets ...  





 I love the bright colors she used and the little wood chips - although, you all know I'm recently obsessed with wood chips!


 She combined the 'Old Fashioned Afternoon' hot air balloons with a sentiment from 'Across the Miles' and it looks so pretty! (matches so well)

 
Thanks for stopping in on this Saturday morning! We hope you have a relaxing and fun weekend. We'll be back here Monday morning with more inspiration!

Happy Stamping!
N.


post signature
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Heather!!! These cards are amazing! beautiful work as always! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete