Nov 12, 2013

Just Add Ink: Picture Banners

Hi, It's Tyra and I'm here to share a a fun technique for up-cycling your photo scraps.

Have you ever cropped out a little (or a lot) of background -- sky, water, foliage -- you name it,  from a printed photo?

Don't throw away those scraps! Create one-of-a-kind sentiment banners for use on cards or layouts.  I used sentiments from Chalkboard Sign and Color Wheel to create my one-of-kind photo banners:




Let's take a closer look at the type of photos I specifically used below:


  • 4 x 6 duplicate photos of clouds, sky and flowers were used to create 3 x 4 photo pocket album sized cards (#1, 2).  Leftover pieces were used to create smaller banners like the one (#4) shown below. 
  •  An original photo that featured a lot of a wood table was trimmed and the leftover pieces (#3) were used to create these trendy "woodgrain" banners.  




Let's take a closer look:


The photo background is a visual reminder of great moments, people and places.  I took the picture of the sky and clouds looking up one day in my backyard.  The flowers were one of several kind found in my Mom's front yard this summer.

Get those scraps out of the recycle bin and create to your heart's desire! I hope you enjoyed this quick and easy tutorial.  Thanks so much for stopping by the blog! xo - Tyra

P.S. Have you heard about the big RELEASE? Join the party HERE.




Pin It

3 comments: