Jul 10, 2013

Use What You Have Challenge #9






Can you believe that we're on week #9 of our challenge - already!? Wowie.

Time literally flies by - doesn't it?


Let's get right down to it - we had lots of new faces doing the challenge last week - hooray and we hope you all come back (and bring some friends along!) -

We had a really hard time choosing just one - but, this tag set by DANA really put a smile on our face. It was a great use of old supplies and I imagine, come Christmas time, she'll be glad she made these.



Take a moment to check out DANA'S BLOG to see the project and to let her know she's the big winner!

Dana, please email us at info@sweetstampshop.com with your address and we'll get something sweet out to you!

Ready for another week?! 

Let's just go over the rules - in case anybody is new...


____________________________

NEW PRIZE RULE - In order for us to have TWO winners we must have AT LEAST 15 entries in the challenge! If not, then we'll just award the one person who used their stash the best. SO, SHARE the challenge and get your friends on board!

Read through the directions carefully - we've changed just a couple things... (well, not really changed - just made more clear) 

You'll have until next tuesday to add your link below - your link needs to be to the direct post not to your general blog - and it needs to include -

1. A link back to our challenge (and optional - our challenge badge - see above)

2. A picture of your stash

3. A picture of your project

Some Extra Details -

1. You do not *have to* use SSS in your card or project - although, we'd love it! (and we can't feature your project in our marketing without you using SWEET! - so keep that in mind!)

2. You have until Tuesday at 10pm pst to add your link below

3. There will be ONE winner based upon most creative use of 'old stuff' .... and ONE winner drawn from all the participants. Winners will be announced the day of the new challenge - so, in this case... next Wednesday. Prize will be something sweet - lol. REMINDER - NEW RULE - In order for us to have TWO winners we must have AT LEAST 15 entries in the challenge! If not, then we'll just award the one person who used their stash the best. SO, SHARE the challenge and get your friends on board!

MOST IMPORTANT!!! Create whatever strikes your fancy - scrapbook page, project life - cards - altered art - home decor.... anything! Just be sure to use that old stuff in it!

(also, we had a question about multiple entries - YES, you can make as many cards as you like! BUT, it doesn't increase your odds of winning - your name will go into the hat 'once')


________________________

My 'stash' picture this week is a embarrassing look at a portion of my craft table - it's horribly messy. I just kept crafting and crafting - and I didn't do too much cleaning - so this is what happens.... 


You can't even really see the wooden desk under all that CRAP. So, when I was planning on crafting for this weeks challenge - I'm thinking... Nicole, just use what's on your table. lol 

That's what I did - and this is what came out of the junk on my desk... 

Not too shabby eh?! I had a bunch of neon stuff laying on my desk (from some neon crafting I did like a week ago - blush) and I used some clear acetate from some packaging (b/c I didn't have vellum sitting on my desk - lol) It worked out nicely though - and I colored it in with some bright Copic Markers. Swoon. It's lovely. 

Whoa! - Fancy!


Aren't those bows so cute? I [heart] them - completely. I'll be doing those on lots of projects to come. (I see an addiction to 'bow tie' ribbons in my future) 

Bonus from Jessica P.


If you're in need of a bit more inspiration Jessica P. is sharing some of her tips using up her stash! You'll wanna go HERE
 

Are you ready to get your challenge on?! 

I hope so! 
Enter your link below - 
Happy Stamping!
N. 


Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Thanks soo much!! It was fun to use some old stuff and can't wait to play again later this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, boy, so glad I have some time to play along! Feels good to use up some stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missing doing this challenge. I am currently away from all of my stuff..... but I will be back to play soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of this kind of challenge but I end up putting everything away when I'm done making something so I have nothing left on my tables.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I wish I had Iva's problem! My desk never seems to get cleared off!!! UGGHH..>Thanks to this challenge, I've made a tiny dent!!!

    ReplyDelete