Welcome to the Sweet Stamp Shop!!
Lesley here, and I am excited to share my first post as a design team member.
Nicole has asked me to share some ideas on how to "start" a card design.
Starting is half the battle and I often don't know where to begin!!
For my card today, I based it on a "theme". I am a Grade 3 teacher and it is the end of the school year here in Canada, and so I went to work, creating a fun card for a teaching colleague using the School's Out set and the Distressed Chevron background.
This is how I started....
Step 1: I looked through my Sweet Stamp Shop stamps and found the adorable School's Out set.
Step 2: I thought about colour-school buses are yellow...and so I went with yellow as my card base.
Step 3: For my design, I decided to use a classic layout. (measurements below)
Step 4: Find some coordinating papers, twine and inks.
Step 5: Get busy!
How to make this card:
1. Cut your yellow cardstock to make an A2 card (4.25" x 5.5")
2. Stamp the Distressed Chevron background in a darker yellow ink onto the card base.
3. Cut a strip of black cardstock at (2.5" x 5.5")
4. Cut some "School Themed" paper in a strip (2.25" x 5.5")-adhere to black strip and then to card base.
5. Cut black rectangle (2.75 x 3.75").
6. Cut white rectangle (2.5" x 3.5") and dry emboss. Adhere to black rectangle.
7. Stamp school bus from the School's Out set, onto yellow paper and fussy cut out.
7. Pop up rectangles onto dimensionals and pop up school bus too.
8. Stamp sentiment on white paper and die cut out with oval shape or punch.
9. Wrap Baker's Twine around bottom of the card and hold in place with small piece of tape. Cover tape with stamped sentiment on oval shape.
That is how I made my card for today! I hope you have fun, creating your own School Themed card.
Thanks for stopping by!