Sep 19, 2012

Guest Designer Thienly!

Squeal and Happy Dance! 

We have a special guest today on the blog!! Thienly, from Mod Paperie!!!! 

_______________

Hello to all the Sweet Stamp Shop fans!!! 



It’s Thienly from Mod Paperie, and I’m so excited to be here! I’ve been paper crafting for about 3 years now, mostly focusing on 3D crafts using my cutting machine and cards, but also love to do a bit of altered projects and layouts as well.  I’ve been sent a beautiful Cherry Blossoms stamp set, and was so perfect because I’m half Japanese! I had perfect papers from My Little Shoebox that went perfectly with these stamps, so I decided to make a cute little purse and a fan with it!






Project Details:

Bag: Sunny Weekend Purses SVG Kit from SVG Cuts
         1.  Assemble the bag.
         2.  Stamp lantern images onto various colored papers, and paper pierce them. (make 5)
         3.  Punch a hole on the top of each lantern and string a twine across and adhere to the bag.
          4.  Add buttons and other embellishments.


Fan:  1.  Cut 3.5” high by 12” wide paper.
         2. Stamp cherry blossoms all over.  Using white pen, I colored in the blossoms.
         3.  Pleat at 0.5” intervals using a scoreboard.
         4.  Adhere thin wooden dowels to each of the pleats in the back.
         5.  Gather each dowels and adhere them together, one at a time.
         6.  Tie with a ribbon, and add a button.
    
I hope that you enjoyed my project and that I was able to inspire you!

Thank you so much to Sweet Stamp Shop for having me here today – and to be given the opportunity to play with your stamps! It was a lot of fun!


________________

We're so happy to have Thienly on the blog today - isn't she amazing?!?! Her designs ALWAYS blow my creative brain out of the water! If you haven't already - take a moment to visit her blog and witness first hand her creative genius! We hope to rope her back in again soon!! 

Thanks Thienly, amazing project! You're a total *sweet* genius - in every way! 

Thienly used Cherry Blossoms on her project today 



Find it in the shop HERE!
















We'll be back here tomorrow with more fun from our design team ladies! 

Happy Stamping and Crafting! 
N.
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. How ADORABLE! Love Thienly's work, and she did not disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing work as always Thienly this came out awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Thienly! Your projects are amazing, I love all the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is so awesome. I love the idea of making a paper fan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute project. Love the fan and it's deocrated so beautifully with the swtamps. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing and explaining your projects. They are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my soul. This is amazing! I love your project and very much appreciate the tutorial! Jaw dropping stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! So great to have an awesome guest designer represent SSS :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is gorgeous! How blessed are we to have you as a guest designer?! Your fan is nothing short of amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful stamp set. Your projects are AMAZING, GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete