Sep 16, 2011

Operation Julie's Smile

Hello All!

Happy Weekend!

If you're here for the hop (and to enter for the prizes!)
scroll down to the next post!




I'm here with some bitter sweet news... our sweet friend and amazing
coordinator extraordinaire, Julie Ranae, has been under the weather of sorts.
Poor Julie has been having horrible teeth issues... here is a little bit about
what's been happening...

Many may know that a few weeks ago, Julie Ranae had to have emergency oral surgery resulting in the removal of her two front teeth. The dentist at that time believed the best course of action would be to remove the rest of her teeth and replace them with permanents. (as to avoid *years* of dental work) Relieved at finding a solution to this major dental problem .. she visited the office for dental surgery the week. Unfortunately, it wasn't the visit she was expecting. After the consultation and scheduling the surgery, the surgeon's office informed her that she would need to bring $4000 back to the appointment with her and they would proceed. This amount would not include the 'dentures' to follow.

Here Julie is today, sitting without front teeth that were pulled with the belief that they would be replaced immediately.
It is an overwhelming experience for our dear friend and one that I hope our creative community can help with.


Here at sweet stamp shop we couldn't image one of our own
dealing with such a great burden alone... we *knew* we had to help!

So, along with LOTS of other companies we're putting together
a good ol fashioned donation hop!

Let's help Julie get her smile back!!



There will be a benefit blog hop called
'Operation Julie's Smile' that will take place Oct 7-9.
There are a variety of
companies and design teams
who will be participating in this hop
to help raise funds for this benefit.
So far, nearly $2,100.00 in prizes have been made
available and will be awarded for both
participants and those who donate.

Operation Julie's Smile is now accepting
designers/teams who would like to be a part of the benefit hop.
If you are interested
in getting involved in this creative fundraising event,
please contact Nicole Rixon (*me) at nicolehrixon@gmail.com
The deadline to be a part of the hop is Wednesday, Sept 28th.
Participants will be notified of the blog hop order between Oct 3rd-5th.

This blog hop is an opportunity to have fun, feature your design work and raise money for a friend in need. A donation button
will be made available to all who participate.

We already have the donation button in the top right corner of our
blog for easy donation access... AND it doesn't matter if you donate today... tomorrow... or durning the hop... *everyone* who donates will be entered to win one of *several* BIG goodie bags (or boxes :)

While I would *love* to swoop in and write Julie a HUGE check... it's just not possible ... BUT, *together* we CAN!

Big Hugs to all!!

I look forward to hearing from you all!

 Jacob and Nicole
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Nicole..
    I have already donated.. please let me know if I can do anything else to help you out.. :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so, so much for thinking of, and organising this for Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could write a check too :( I can't ...BUT I CAN offer a donation of art or some sort of prize! I have emailed to let you know I would like to help if possible. I just wanted to say I think it is awesome you have organized this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just donated what I could. :) I hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for supporting Julie by doing this hop! I just finished the hop! I am having trouble getting on Mindy Young's page...I don't know why?! If you can help me I'd appreciate it as I don't want to lose out because I can't comment on one blog:(

    ~Vanessa W

    ReplyDelete